Western Maryland Advisory Council
Established in September, 2019, the Western Maryland Advisory Council (WMAC) of the Maryland Commission on Civil Rights (MCCR) is composed of 15 citizen volunteers residing in Allegany, Frederick, Garrett, and Washington counties. Of these 15 members, one member is between the age of 18 to 25. The members of the WMAC are appointed to 2-year terms by the Board of Commissioners of the Maryland Commission on Civil Rights. Service on the WMAC is non-partisan.
The WMAC assists with the furtherance of MCCR's mission; serves as a regional point-of-contact on issues within the area; increases public awareness of the services offered by MCCR as well as their protections under State law; and ultimately builds sustainable partnerships that serve to protect Maryland’s most vulnerable populations.
The current members of the WMAC are:
- Caterina Pañgilinan - Washington County
- Tereance R. Moore - Washington County
- Robin V. Wynder - Allegany County
- Shelley M. Menear - Garrett County
- Tracey Solomon, - Frederick
- Katrina Wyand-Yurish - Frederick County
- Dr. Artie Travis - Allegany County
- Sarah Layne Parsons - Allegany County
Interested in joining the WMAC Advisort Council?
Apply on-line by January 15 at